Sunday, September 13, 2009

Farewell Mr.MS...

I was just uploading my latest pics and couldn't ignore the fact that i am turning into a mini Godzilla! By nature i have a physique that shows when i gorge food and remain adamant on not sweating it out. Post marriage i am just ballooning up! Not that i have always been trim. I have had weight issues ever since i remember. Getting rid of the extra pounds was hard because of my absolute abhorrence of exercise.

Let me tell you the factors contributing to my recent achievement of going up the weight scales. I attribute it completely to my laziness combined with the easy access to junk food at my work place. The quick meals at KFC and the Cheesy burgers of Mc.D are the prime culprits. Also the weekly outings to the city restro's with my better half has aggravated the problem.

One thing i know for sure is i cant live without food. The realization rubbed in when i tried out the GM Diet. It was pure torture to live on veggies and fruits for a whole week. It totally drained me out emotionally. Depression set in and i was irritated all the time! Finally, i called it quits on the 3rd day and dragged my husband to the nearest restro to satiate my hunger with sumptuous servings of butter naan and chicken do pyasa.

I cant imagine how people manage to live through the GM diet! Clearly it doesn't work for me. I simply can't go without food. Food makes me happy. The four letter word means emotional stability to me.

Now that i am decided on not being victimised by torturous diets my only other option is to start working out. Maybe i should dust out my annual membership card at the gym. I haven't stepped in there for ages. The reason for my absence is obvious. You expect me to work out when its 40 degree Celsius outside? It doesn't help even if the Gym is air conditioned. The very thought of heat outside tires you! So, i had promised i would restart work outs once summer subsides. Summer has waned and the showers are here, but still am no where near the Gym. Thanks to Mr. MS. For those of you who are not aware, Mr.MS happens to be my dear companion in the journey of weight gain - Monday Syndrome. Through out the week he persuades me into convincing myself and everyone around that i will be going back to Gym the next Monday. And on Mondays inadvertently he makes me cook up excuses ranging from work overload to late cabs and imaginary aches in different parts of my body in order to avoid that quick visit to the gym.

But i have had enough of his silly excuses. I am going to assert my will over this perverted psychological issue of mine and drag myself to the Gym. Tomorrow is Monday and tomorrow i will put an end to Mr.MS. I will wring his throat, Choke him to death and bury him deep enough so that he never resurfaces again!

i am jumping head long into 3 months of hard training to get back in shape and plaster the mouths of those sadists who take great pleasure in screwing up my happiness by mentioning "hey you have put on weight". Yeah, like i didn't notice!

5 comments:

anu alfred said...

i think i hav got similar prob like you... no wonder we are siblings...

Jasmine Rahul said...

Ha ha.....so funny.....But i understand ur situation.I've also faced the same prob{Or...still i'm facing it?}

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

hehehe..perfect!now my case is so totally contrary to yours!though we belong to two extremes, i still am empathetic..

menaka said...

its true yaar...people take up brutish pleasure in rediculing others physic...poor souls..thats how these scorpios thrive and ventilate their inferiority complex. lets laugh back at them...